Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Holy New Year

I have been sitting here pondering 2013 as it is on its way out, and as 2014 is coming with all its surprises and opportunities.  I have to stop and thank God for the last year of my life with the Lord in my heart.  He has giving me so many blessings, too numerous to mention.  Suffice it to say that all of my needs were met, but beyond that, He gave me His love.  I am not worthy, but He gives it anyway.  And even though I have had trials in the past, or maybe because of them, I have gotten stronger and stronger in the Lord with each passing day.  As James puts it, 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:2-4).

I am also thankful that with every year, every day and every moment that I have God in my life, I also have His grace, understanding, mercy, counsel, and friendship, and above all else, at the risk of repeating myself, I have His love. 

Thank you for joining me on this blessed first day of the new year.  I hope that you will count your many blessings, and never lose sight of the Lord, for He is right beside you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment