Thursday, April 4, 2013

Our Mission ~ To Spread the Word of God

Today, I listened to one of our missionaries, Jason Armstrong.  He told about his testimony and his work in South America.  Through two passages, Eph 1:11-13 and Matt 9:36-38, not only did he explain his mission, but he confirmed my own (and, that for which we all should strive, everyday).
You see, recently I have been confined to a wheelchair, and have wondered what my purpose in life should be.  Before my confinement, I had different medical problems for which I was hospitalized quite frequently.  God would allow me to share my testimony to doctors, nurses, roommates, and anyone else who would listen.  Now, I am semi-restricted to  my home, which led me to question the direction that my life should take.  It is difficult for me to get out and talk to people, so I started this blog.
Which brings me to my point: God still wants us to share His Word with others.  It doesn't matter how...just share!
You may be saying to yourself, as I did, "But I can't speak in front of others; or I don't know enough about the Bible to share."  Poppycock!  I tried this one myself.  God doesn't buy it.  He will put you in a position where all you have to do is pray, be willing and open your mouth.  He will do the rest!  
It is evident in our two passages.  In Eph 1:11-13, Paul is saying that God selected him to hear the gospel first, then Paul was to teach it to others so that they could also believe and receive their salvation.
In Matt 9:36-38, it is evident that the world needs workers to spread the gospel to the "sheep" who have no shepherd.  They need to hear the good word.  We must be those workers!  We must spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment